dinsdag 31 januari 2017

15 Favourite Things of 2016



Here is my the first of my long overdue 2016 round up posts, oops!

This year has been a weird one. I definitely can't say this has been a very good year, and I believe I am not the only one saying this. Many bad things happended this year which can be considered bad for loads of people (Brexit, Trump and deaths of many icons..But also for me personally I wouldn't consider 2016 to have been an amazing year.

There are, however, a few 'things' that I really enjoyed this year. Things meaning music,books, tv shows etc.
I have discovered and loved so many songs, some that have such special meanings. If I had to mention every song that I have been loving this year I would still be here in 3 months, so I will only mention the albums that I have been loving a lot.

My goal regarding reading, was to read 70 books, I didn't meet this target but I still enjoyed quite a few books and some of them I will be including in this post.

So let's get into 15 favourites of 2016, (obviously I wanted to think of 16 things for 2016, but I just couldn't think of 16 things, just my luck,) in no particular order might I point out.

1. Rimmel Kate Lipstick no. 48. This year I have been a lot less interested in make-up than I have been in previous years. I still enjoy putting on make-up quite a lot, I (mostly) don't see it as a chore or anything. But I don't tend to spend most of my money on make-up anymore. However this lipstick  has definitely my favourite make-up item this year and my favourite lipstick, it's a browny toned lipstick. I would definitely consider this one of my favourite if not favourite lipstick ever. I've also gotten quite a few compliments on it which is always nice!

2. We were liars by E Lockheart. This might be my favourite book that I've read in 2016. This was such a page-turner with a shocking twist! If you want to read this book I recommend you go into it knowing hardly anything about it!

3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. This was another one of my favourite books. I read it in the summer and I remember not being able to put it down. I would definitely recommend this book especially when you are a fangirl/boy yourself, there is some recognisable stuff in there!

4. Hollyoaks. I have now been watching this show for a little over a year and It a lot ( not as much as emmerdale, see number 5, which I haven't been watching as long) That's why I almost feel a little disloyal to Hollyoaks, because it has been replaced as my favourite soap, but I still watch it and enjoy it a lot!

5. Emmerdale. I have already talked quite a lot about emmerdale on my blog! If these favourite would have been in particular order this would have definitely been number one!
For some people it might be a soap, but it has changed my life, I met some great people through this show, it is amazing to be able to freak out, and talk about something that you love, with people who feel exactly the same. In the weekends I always slightly lost, because there is no emmerdale on, ( yes I know I am really in quite deep).

6. Glory Days - Little Mix. I have a feeling that I've already talked about Little Mix on my blog, but if you didn't know I absolutely love these girls! When I heard snippets of some of the songs on this album I wasn't sure whether I was going to like, but how wrong I was! I honestly find this their best album yet, it is full of proper bops! I love all of the songs on this album but a few of my absolute favourites are; power, no more sad songs and private show!

7. Back from the Edge - James Arthur. I honestly have no words for this album. It is an absolute masterpiece, and I don't think I will ever get sick of any of the songs on here, at least I hope so. I you haven't listened to it yet, you are missing out! All the songs on this album are so beautiful. All I want now is to see James and this masterpiece live!

8. Blurryface - Twenty One Pilots. Before 2016 I had heard of Twenty One Pilots but had never listened to any of their music. I can't remember why I started listening to their stuff, but I am very happy about it! I love their music so much, and many songs are so relatable. I went to see them in concert last November and I absolutely loved it

9. Downton Abbey. I had to include this show in this post, even though I have a confession to make here; I haven't actually finished this show?! When it first started I didn't watch it, I was 12 so maybe I wasn't too interested in it at the time, and as I got older I felt like I missed too much to just start watching it. My mum got the boxset for Christmas last year and I started watching it when I finished my exams in May, as I figured that I had loads of time but I still didn't get round to completely finishing it, and now I am so busy with university that I have again 'stopped' continuing. I feel like I should really finish it soon though, before I am completely out of it. I did include it because I absolutely loved watching it in the summer very late at night, and with a boxset you don't have to wait a week, you can just watch the boxsets back to back which is amazing!

10. Skam. I feel like I am cheating with this one. I haven't even finished all the seasons yet ( what is it with me not finishing things) and I only started watching it in November. I started watching season 3 because it was all over the internet after I finished season 3 I started season 1, which I loved more than season 3 to be honest. Now I am on season 2 but I haven't watched it in a while so I should soon continue watching it!

11. Room - Emma Donoghue. I loved this book a lot, and I am very happy about it having a happy ending. After I finished the book I also watched the film, and I also enjoyed that a lot. If you have never heard about this book/film, I'd definitely recommend you look into it. It is very sad but like I said, it has a happy ending.

12. Tsums Tsums. Pretty random, but I love tsums tsums a lot, so why not include them in this post. I started collecting them in 2015, I only bought two that year, and I wasn't sure at the time if I really wanted to collect them, but then in the summer I bought quite a few and built up a collection, so hopefully I'll add quite a few more to my collection in 2017!

13. Love is the Law - Charlene Soraia. It was only fair to put this album in here! Even though I don't really listen to the songs on this album at the moment, I did do so around April/May time and there are some really good songs on there.

14. Gold Magic - Little Mix. This perfume is my go to perfume, I absolutely love the smell, and I have been wearing it a lot this year!

15. Ted Baker. Last Christmas I got two Ted Baker giftset with mini perfumes in it, I have been using and loving these a lot this past year!

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!

What were some of  your 2016 favourites?


Love,

xoxo


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten